Last Updated: Dec 06, 2016     Views: 19


Regarding food, cell phones, computers, and borrowing materials at North Central libraries:

  • May I have food or drink in the library?
    Food is not allowed anywhere in the libraries. At the South Bend campus: Drinks must have spill-proof lids. Please dispose of trash in an appropriate container. Report spills immediately to library staff. At the Elkhart County campus: Bottled water with caps may be used at the study tables.
  • Is my cell phone allowed in the library?
    If you need to bring your cell phone into the library, please ensure that it is either turned off or put on vibrate mode. Also, take all phone conversations outside the library.                           
  • How do I print from the computers?
    When you send your print job to the printer, a box will appear displaying the number of pages and the cost to print the job. To accept the cost and print your print job click on the Yes button.
  • Are color printouts available?
  • Does the library have a fax machine for student use?
    No.  The library does have a "Scan to email" option available for student use. This allows students to create and email a PDF copy of documents, which can often serve the same purpose.

Phone, Hours, Library Contact

a small icon  South Bend: 574-289-7001 x5343
 Elkhart County: 574-830-0375 x4490
 Warsaw: 574-267-5428 x7250

Current Library hours

Students: Schedule a one-on-one research session. Contact us to make an appointment:

Page Cotton,

South Bend: 
Elizabeth Van Jacob,
Tim Keyes,

Didn't find an answer? Ask Us!

Include as much information as you can about your topic/question.  Use complete sentences.

Note: Questions submitted after hours will receive priority the next business day.

Provide an email address (Ivy Tech preferred) to receive your answer. We will not share it.

Fields marked with * are required.

Related Topics